Casual fashion in London with Karl


Today brings certainly my most favorite shoot of this month so far, with the talented Karl in London. Karl was so lovely to provide me WITH ALL images from our shoot, so I was once again able to pick the images I liked the most and do my own editing. 

Once Karl picked me up from Paddington station, we headed over to Hyde Park, where we found a few iconic spots which would definitely be a shame to ignore. The sun was high and it was hitting pretty strong on the side of my face, but we found a few angles that actually worked really well (love the shadows pillars left on the ground)...










Not long after that, we found another beautiful building that looked like a botanical garden, the only difference was that the glass was not see through - but it actually reflected the beautiful colours of the surroundings. 







Next we headed over to Waterloo, we had a very eventful tube trip where we genuinely couldn't fit into any of the carriages and had to miss three trains to actually get onto one at the end (as much as I love visiting London, this is probably one of the reasons why I do not live there! haha). Once we escaped the underground chaos, we appeared into a beautiful, softer sunlight as the sun was getting much lower and we continued taking portraits along the river:







Then I spotted a little beach and got my favourite prop hat out. 'I am a sailor and I am waiting for my husband!' I said. If you ever worked with me you would know how crazy I actually am, and thank you, Karl, for coping with me this time too haha. Love these photos, by the way, everything about the location was just perfect. Quiet, clean, nice colours, light and textures.








Finally! The outfit change. If you haven't noticed yet, so far I have been just swapping my accessories and haven't actually changed my entire appearance, well, the time has come. 

Just outside the place I was getting changed, I spotted these chairs and I dragged Karl to them. I am sure he once again was overwhelmed - but I am just so happy with what he managed to capture. 





After having a long walk along the river, we crossed the walking bridge over to St Pauls cathedral and started heading towards the Tower Bridge. As the sun started to get lower, we realised there are some beautiful shadows and reflections happening. And yes, we did not use any additional equipment - no flash or reflectors in any of Karl's photos at least this time, on two pictures below with the sun flare it was actually the tall glass building that was reflecting back onto my skin.







And last, but probably my favourite location from the day was this. St Katharine Docks. Absolutely stunning. Karl was not only able to capture the beauty of the location, but also make colours work coherently. I did not dress to match the surroundings, but Karl certainly made it look like I did. 

I also absolutely love the bokeh effect in some of the later images too. 











That is all for today!

I once again realised how much I love editing photos. This set took me one single evening to power through as I was so excited to get it done! Again, I know that these aren't probably to most photographers standards, but I like the casual and simplistic feel about them, hope you guys think the same!

By the way, if you like to see more of Karl's work, you can find him on PurplePort or follow him on Instagram

He is a lovely chap, so if you want to shoot with him - drop him a message and I am sure he will have a fantastic idea for your shoot too!

Links to my other social media are below, and also remember that you can sign up for the updates on my blog now too! Click button share to support my blog, as a marketing student, I would really appreciate that aha :) 

Thank you for reading my post and until next time...