2021 REVIEW - Reaching new heights!




Going to start this post by saying that I am slightly overwhelmed with how everything turned out this year. 2021 has been the most imaginative, creative, experimental and fearless year for my work (and life in general, actually) yet. I can only relate this with the fact that after a year of sitting at home in an unfortunate series of rona related events, no one was holding back. 

I was so lucky to work with many incredible and talented creatives, not just photographers, but designers, brands, models, artists, stylists... the list goes on. If you are reading this now, and at some point in 2021 our paths crossed and we have met - I wholeheartedly thank you for this opportunity!

Besides the exciting shoots where I worked as a model, 2021 was the year my idea for Zavod Studio was born and, after that, very quickly came to life. In fact, I am starting to write this blog whilst there is a shoot happening there - check me out and my busy life haha :)


   
Photography by Hannah Lunn, Zavod's co-owner Ashley White

At the same time, 2021 still had its ongoing challenges which unfortunately have had an impact on my work still, such as concerns over coronavirus and its new variants, changes in travel rules, reduced public transport options, mask-wearing during shoots - none of this was left unnoticed. Luckily, I was still able to travel around the country much more than in the last year, as I did my London tour and traveled all over Yorkshire. 

I also was published in 10 magazines, 5 of which were cover publications. I worked for some amazing brands such as Getting Dirty Apparel and Cosmic Girl UK, worked on my first Creativity Hub Flight or Fright event, hosted many studio days, and appeared on the Kavyar landing page. What a year!


Published in Vulkan Magazine, photography by Shehan Fernando

Left (top on mobile view): Published in Cutler Magazine, photography by Nick Lee
Right (bottom): Published in Moevir Magazine, photography by Paul Stringer, location York Photostudio

Left (top on mobile view): Cover of Le Desir Magazine, photography by Branislav Kralik, location Zavod Studio
Right (bottom): Cover of HATalk Magazine, designer Elliotts Millinery, location and photography by Portrait Kitchen

Cover and cover story for Edith Mode Magazine, photography by Michael Thonger, designer Savra Headpieces

Left (top on mobile view): Published in Scorpio Jin Magazine, photography by Hannah Lunn, location Zavod Studio
Right (bottom): Cover of Selin Magazine, models Natalie FergusonChelseay Esho, Esmeralda Varley, Jorobo Drammeh, Annie, K Modaressi, Jenya Chernookaya, photography by Hannah Lunn, location Zavod Studio

Left (top on mobile view): Cover of Surreal Magazine, photography by Michael Thonger, MUA Aga, location Beltcraft Studios
Right (bottom): Publication in Vigour Magazine, photography by Daniel Dockeray


This year, I particularly enjoyed conceptual and creative shoots, there is now even a new section on my website that demonstrates 'Fantasy and Creative' portfolio. 

Credits: Michael Thonger, Aga, Beltcraft Studios, Irene Miller, Marina Kuzmenko, Alona DmytrenkoMolodetskaya, Newo, Moody Corsetry, Zavod Studio, Vonbatcat, Boardroom Studio, Hysteria Machine, Ian Wallace, York Photostudio, Paul Stringer, Creativity Hub, Kent Owls, Meg Biffin, Narnia Tree House, Syban Velardi-laufer, Jamie Port, A Shot in the Dark, Heather Guilmartin 

As a traditional part of my annual review, next, we will have a look at my top nine Instagram posts based on your likes. A good mix of portraits, beauty, smiley, implied... My favourite from this selection is definitely a beauty shot by Jamie Port with water dripping down my face.

Credits: Stephen Granger Photography, Sam Pluto, Cosmic Girl UK, Boardroom Studio, Erotic Pixel Photography, Alex Rudge, Rapturetog, Phil Lynam, Ellie Mae, Stesphotos, Jamie Port, Editorial Studios Manchester, Thatsmallsguy, Chris Hope


Moving onto 9 of MY favourites this year. Oh well, this was an impossible task! When choosing these, I tried to take into account the shoots that haven't been mentioned in the review yet, but also the ones I absolutely enjoyed and loved the outcome. Here are my top 9 in no particular order: 

Photography by Stesphotos

Photography by Phil Lynam, location Boardroom Studio

Photography by Shehan Fernando

Photography by Martin Liddament, location Zavod Studio

Photography by PWR Media, MUA Xenia

Photography by Dean McCarten, location Hallam Mill Studio

Photography by Newo, location Zavod Studio, corset Valkyrie Corsets, accessories Patine Noire 

Photography by Jamie Port, location Silkwood Studio, MUA Marlena

Photography by A Shot in the Dark, MUA Xenia, jewelry Katz Little Factory


And the last thing I would like to mention in this annual review, is that I am so pleased I also doubled the amount of FPI awards on PurplePort in comparison to the total I had in 2020! From 42 to 93 in a space of the year... The fact that people vote for my photos and only the best of the best gets chosen blows my mind a little. Thank you ever so much!



If you keen to see what I've been up to in previous years, here is a little blog archive for most recent annual reviews of my work:


Thank you ever so much for taking time to read my blog post today. I wish you the Merriest Christmas and a Happy New Year! С Новым Годом!

Find me on social media by clicking the icons below: