Oxford's Summertown

This post brings us to one of the summery evenings in Summertown, Oxford. I was shooting with Hussain for the first time, we had a few hours when we wondered around the area.

It all began with Freya, Hussain's daughter, commenting that 'photography is boring' over their quick Skype catch up. I came over and said hi. I knew that she didn't mean it that way, she just demanded some attention so I gave her it. I am sure I do the same when I lack it ☺. 

So, we started shooting casual fashion on the streets, the sun was quite tricky to work with as it was changing every minute - but, given that, we have produced a number of photos with various feel to it. I played around with the idea of direct/indirect lighting, see some of the examples here: 






After that, we have managed to find a much more urbanized area (which in Oxford is always so hard to find!), where we have managed to produce shots with a completely different feel to them as the lighting started to become colder.




In general, I had such a good time shooting with Hussain, he was happy to listen to my suggestions and try out my ideas. For more oh Hussain's work, you can follow his Instagram page here.

And last fun update from Freya...  apparently, she said that photos weren't even that bad. So I guess not just a complete waste of time now haha!

Don't forget to follow me on social media