When I pink of you by Shehan Fernando




Photographer: Shehan Fernando
Model: Xenia
MUA and Styling: Xenia

I am so excited to be sharing some positive news with you today. I got published in Elegant Magazine!

Let me tell you a little pre-story with this one. Shehan, with whom I had the absolute pleasure working with multiple times now, shot a beautiful set of images with me at the Botanical Gardens, Sheffield, which were too irresistible to not try to submit to a fashion magazine.

I do owe my huge thanks to the incredible Marie Jean Taylor who recommended me to work with Shehan in the first place. The story behind this is that I bumped into Marie on the train when I was returning from a shoot in London. Well, I say I bumped into her, but in reality, as soon as I recognised her, I knew I had to talk to her because I have always been looking up to her work, like if you are in this modeling world - who hasn't seen the range of her skill? Marie was so kind to share a few tips and tricks, including recommending to work with Shehan as he is based Sheffield and Marie has enjoyed working with him in the past. Thank you, Marie! You're not only an amazing model but also one of the loveliest humans I've ever met

So going back to the original aim of this post, yes, this was our first time working together with Shehan, and wow what a talent. I had three outfits in total and I really wanted to shoot something new with editorial feel to it.

When I've seen the images and the way Shehan processed them I was absolutely delighted with the results. It wasn't actually until the lockdown that I have decided to submit the images for a publication, and I am so happy that I did!




Elegant Magazine has nearly 60k followers on Instagram, and that truly reflects on the quality of their publications. This was a mag of my choice, so I knew I wasn't into an easy pass here. Can you imagine how I felt when I found out they have accepted our entry? Haha, that was indeed a nice quarantine morning.

Enjoy the rest of the published images, click on them to view in full. If you want to shoot something like this with me, get in touch via my Instagram or any other social media linked at the bottom of this post.


            



               


Thank you for viewing my blog! Here are my main links, get in touch if you want to work with me: