Covid-19: Business update





Updated on 24th March: Due to the Government's guidelines about social distancing, I will be temporarily stopping taking any bookings. It is important to adhere to the advice we have been given and I as a business will take that responsibility. For the existing bookings, I am happy to rearrange them with you for September/October or whenever situation clarifies (hoping that maybe we will be able to shoot sooner than that). Please still read the rest of the blog post if you have a booking with me.


No doubt that by now everyone is more than aware of the global situation with the Covid-19 and hopefully are taking care of themselves, both financially and healthwise.

In the last 24 hours, I have been getting a lot of messages both via my Instagram and website so I wanted to post this update for you to read so that you know what my action plan is. 

For anyone who already has a booking with me in upcoming weeks that does not involve a third party (eg. studio or a public location), your bookings will not be cancelled but please be in touch to confirm if you are well to attend. For those bookings that do involve another business or a third party, I will have to keep you up-to-date as the Government updates happen. It is completely understandable if the studio or the location takes action to cancel and refund the bookings in order to protect their business and, I am afraid, this decision will be something I cannot go against. If this has happened to your booking with me, please continue reading as I offer alternatives of what we can do instead.

I have made a decision of still taking bookings for shoots until further notice. Here are the type of shoots in my preference order that I will be taking, in which I aim to can protect myself and the clients from the virus and the inconvenience it might cause whilst working:


1. Home shoots. I am available for 1-2-1 shoot from my place, usual shooting styles included. However, if you feel slightly unwell I will suggest that we postpone the booking and will not proceed further. 

2. Location shoots - Sheffield. Due to the fact that I do not own a car, I cannot travel completely avoiding public transport. To be clear, I live in Sheffield and I can walk to the city centre which then would mean if you own a car you could drive through to Sheffield and park somewhere in the city centre. I could suggest the locations to shoot in - both outdoors and indoors.

3. Location shoots outside Sheffield. I would prefer not to travel by train at this time, so if you could find a way to arrange a pick up - I will proceed forward with the booking. Both shooting options 2 & 3 would mean that you are also are possibly taking a risk by being outside, please choose these option last.

I feel it is still important to note that I will not be accepting invites or attending photography workshops (if any will run at all). Photography tuition available 1-2-1 only. 

Due to the difficulty of predicting future government restrictions and developments of the virus, I will not be able to confirm or book any studio days in summer and will decide as soon as possible on my business action once the significant updates are reinforced. I will be posting any updates by adding to this blog post. 

Thank you for reading this and look after yourselves. If you feel like I have missed something out and you have a question regarding this article or the virus update, please contact me on my social media using one of the links below: