Sunny tutorial at Brookes


Today's blog post will be showing you our work from on one of the photography tutorials at Oxford Brookes with Amir Etemad led by Mat Robinson

It was definitely the busiest week at the University for me ever. I never wish minimum of 2 deadlines daily to anyone because it was genuinely exhausting! So it was absolutely beautiful to leave the main Library's platform and shoot for a couple of hours in a nice summery weather (whilst leaving my group to work without me, oops! If you are guys reading, I am very thankful to you guys ☺)

We started with the usual. Grey wall by the Clerici building, explaining the poses that will look best on images, the positioning of the camera and framing.





As it was very sunny, we were challenged with the direct lighting everywhere we went around the campus after. Still, we managed to take a combination of come backlit, direct light and side light shots with the help of reflector.






Then there comes a change of the outfit and the scenery, of course ☺ Just another day Mat and I spotted a nice hidden urban looking area just behind the main University Campus (where we took one of my most liked images on Insta, by the way!) Here are the pictures, and in my opinion they are projecting a very different mood: 






And two of my favorites from this shoot! 





Last shot is taken at the place where we have started:


And there are a couple of BTS photos








Hope you enjoyed my quick post, me and Mat are planning to do more tutorials of the same nature, but this time in Yorkshire area. Keep an eye out for updates - the dates are about to be announced soon! For more of Mat's work, you can visit his Website and Instagram

Thank you for reading my post and don't forget to follow me on social media

  

Subscribe to XeniaModel Blog by Email