Key dates for shooting in the UK - Roadmap

Hello you, thank you so much for sparing some time and coming to visit my blog. I always try my best to keep my clients and followers up-to-date with my business, although it has been a challenge in the last year ☺. This post is dedicated to shedding some light on when exactly in the UK we will be allowed shooting (no longer just for work, but for hobbyists as well) and when I can start to take those bookings.

According to the Government's Roadmap out of lockdown for spring-summer 2021, there are some key dates that reflect the earliest possible step-by-step easing of the lockdown rules (the detailed report can be viewed here). This is based on the assumption that the Covid infections rate remain under control and do not put unsustainable pressure on NHS and hospitals. Essentially, it means that if the rise of the daily infections exceeds the predicted data, the dates outlined in the Roadmap will be delayed. 

However, there is some great news: the vaccination is having a huge positive impact on the infection rates, showing that the infection rates are falling faster for vaccinated groups. Hopefully, this will be enough to secure the Government's key dates outlined in the Roadmap. I believe this means one thing: this time, at least there is some reassurance on the lifting of the restrictions and the dates that it could happen on, meaning that creative and event industries (that have been considered as non-essential) can at least plan to restart their businesses. 

BTS from a shoot with LuvJoi Photography, at Space 63 London


For photography individually, dates in the Roadmap provide information on what type of shoots can go ahead and the earliest dates it can happen: 

Information extracted from Roadmap and PurplePort recommendations

Based on this summary of information, I am looking to start booking the shoots according to the guidelines. I AM NOW TAKING BOOKINGS for outdoor 1-2-1 non-commercial shoots only, starting from the 8th of March. Please email me or message me on Instagram to get in touch. 

Due to the fact that the dates in the Roadmap are subject to change, I will not be taking deposits until two weeks before the shoot. This, of course, will be refundable if the shoot cannot take place due to any coronavirus-related reason. 

If you have already paid your deposit and are waiting for me to rearrange the previously postponed shoot - please be patient with me. I will be contacting you as soon as some of the steps get confirmed. For example, if you have previously booked a 1-2-1 studio shoot with me, I will not be able to provide the shooting date until the earliest 12th of April and unfortunately will not be able to guarantee the booking - as it also depends on the studio's decision when to reopen to the public. If for some reason I have not contacted you but you think it is in line with guidelines for our shoot to take place, get in touch. Please also do not hesitate to message me if you have any questions or wish to amend your booking.

That is all for today, thank you again for finding time to read my blog. My social media links are in the pictures below ☺